This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 836660
AELETIS – NBIoT asset tracking system
With AELETIS tracking devices hundreds of millions of new pallet/trailers/wagons, any assets can be attached the IoT network, therefore their real-time tracking will be available. With our cheap, small size 10+ years of operation life trackers, logistics and transportation can be transformed to more reliable industry, securing the transportation of our society’s goods, highly reducing losses, thefts, insurance, issue management, investment and operation cost.
- Operates for years without any maintenance
- Operates indoor/outdoor and accurate
- Cheap enough to be used in an entire fleet (thousands or millions of pallet) giving value for money
- Small enough to be placed in e.g. an EUR pallet, tree trunk, car wheel, cooled drug box or a pet collar
- Gives real time monitoring
- Cannot be jammed – “I would like to trust”, therefore it can fit to other industry segments (like food chain tracking with blockchain technology)
- 10+ years operation: based on low power NBIoT communication and our extensive IoT experience we are capable to provide a decade long operation life with real-time tracking.
- Very small size: based on our IoT and PCB design experience we are capable of providing a tracking device less than 27mm in diameter and 8mm width (without battery).
- Two-way communication: AELETIS tracking device software can be updated, put to sleep mode, ask for status report, update alarm thresholds, parameters, update firmware for further optimization and technology follow up.
- Extreme-long storage life: when it is not needed AELETIS devices can be put to a special sleep mode where they can be still awakened remotely. This sleep mode using minimal energy.
- Very cheap price: due to AELETIS small size and lowest energy need, the device cost together with battery can be minimized. Also NBIoT modems costs two or three times less than GPS/GSM modem in the future.
Project launch details:
Call: Horizon 2020 SME Instrument
Beneficiary: Akkucomp Hungary ltd.
Project: TRAXEN – Ultra low power, long life tracking sensor
Duration: 14.12.2018 – 03.06.2019
Project budget and EU funding: 71 429 EUR / 50 000 EUR